Indie studio Proletariat has announced that its fantasy battle royale game Spellbreak will receive its first seasonal content update on 22nd October.
This is the first major update for the title and will introduce Clash Mode – offering a new way to play via team deathmatch – as well as new talents, potions, and cosmetics. Just like the game itself, it’ll be completely free on all platforms, and includes all of the following:
- New Content — Prologue: The Gathering Storm will be free to all players and feature weekly quests with unique rewards
- Introducing Clash Mode — 9v9 team deathmatch with 3 squads on each team
- New Talents — Enable players to further customize their playstyle
- Vigor: Bonus health
- Ambidextrous: Enables the passive class ability in your offhand gauntlet
- Foresight: Reveals nearby players on your minimap and shows future shrines/circles
- Halloween Content — New Outfits, Artifacts, Cloudbursts, Afterglows, Emotes, and Badges! Just in time for “Hollowed Eve!”
Proletariat CEO, Seth Sivak, says:
“After an incredible launch, Spellbreak now has millions of players around the world. This update represents the beginning of our plan to deliver robust content that offers new ways to experience Spellbreak’s unique combat and gives players a first taste of how we plan to deliver ongoing story content.”
If you haven’t tried Spellbreak yet, feel free to read through our full review. We enjoyed its magical combat and solid progression system, but felt that it still left a little something to be desired.