Bugsnax, the weird first-person adventure about an island full of half-bug-half-snack creatures, is launching on November 12 on PS5, PS4, and PC (via the Epic Games Store). Chicago-based studio Young Horse also revealed the cast of voice actors who will be playing some of the strange Bugsnax and Grumpus characters.
The cast includes a number of notable names including Yuri Lowenthal who played Spider-Man in the recent Insomniac-developed adventure, Overwatch’s Soldier 76 voice actor Fred Tatasciore, and the blue hedgehog himself, Sonic voice actor Roger Craig Smith. Young Horse was able to record dialogue for the game with all actors present before the pandemic. Here’s a complete list of all the actors voicing various Grumpus characters:
- Wambus Troubleham – Fred Tatasciore (Overwatch)
- Wiggle Bigglebottom – Kenna Ramsey (Background Vocals – David Foster’s live band)
- Chandlo Funkbun – Yuri Lowenthal (Spider-Man PS4)
- Filbo Fiddlepie – Max Mittelman (Saitama in One-Punch man)
- Gramble Gigglefunny – Sam Riegel (Critical Role)
- Shelda Smellywag – Debra Wilson (Jedi: Fallen Order)
- Floofty Fizzlebean – Casey Mongillo (Evangelion)
- Eggabell Batternugget – Fryda Wolff (Loba in Apex Legends)
- Beffica Winklesnoot – Cassandra Lee Morris (Persona 5)
- Snorpy Fizzlebean – Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Cromdo Face – Rick Zieff (Terminator 3)
- Clumby Clumbernut – Barbara Goodson (Rita Repulsa)
- Elizabert Megafig- Helen Sadler (Battlefront)
- Triffany Lottablog- Haviland Stillwell (Devil May Cry 5)
Bugsnax is a first-person adventure where you’ll be observing and documenting over 100 different types of snack-like creatures. While you will have to figure out how they behave and what areas of the island they occupy, there is also a mystery waiting in the games’s setting: Snaktooth Island.
Players take the role of a journalist invited to the island by a friend named Megafig, who has mysteriously disappeared. As teased near the end of the reveal trailer, not everything is as whimsical as it seems on the island, and it’s up to you to uncover its less-savory aspects. Many fans have started to hope that Bugsnax is some sort of horror game hidden underneath the surreal charm shown off in Bugsnax trailers.
Bugsnax made waves online after debuting at the PlayStation 5 reveal event back in June, with many players enamored by the game’s odd style and concept. Young Horse also released an incredibly catchy theme song, sung by Kero Kero Bonito, after the initial reveal.
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.