“Huge” 2D open-world RPG 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil is gearing up for a release on Switch and other platforms next week. It’ll launch on 6th October.
The game is described as a collect-a-thon dungeon crawler “packed full of adventure”, with more than 270 unique monsters to discover as you explore. You’ll also find treasure, loot, more than 300 weapons, and a whopping 550 armour types and accessories. Here’s some PR:
“In 9th Dawn III: Shadow of Erthil, you can improve your character to become the ultimate warrior: Unlock spells and abilities, fine-tune your attributes and skills – and level up your crafting abilities in cooking, weapon smithing, spellcrafting, and more. You can also recruit monsters to fight alongside you – taking care of them and improving their combat skills. Finally, you can also unlock a mysterious companion to fight alongside you …
Need a break? You can put your adventuring on hold and take a breather by enjoying Fyue– a robust card game played throughout the game world with 180 collectible cards. Help the townsfolk raise the prosperity of their villages by embarking on sidequests ranging from silly to ‘Wut?'”
Want more? Here’s a feature list:
– Huge seamless open world full of dungeons, crypts, forts, and villages.
– Enormous amounts of loot, collectibles, and customizable gear.
– Fyued – an in-depth card game with 180 collectible cards to collect from NPCs.
– Monster collecting and leveling-up mechanics; 10+ monsters per character can be used to fight alongside you!
– Full orchestral soundtrack.
– Craft to create and customize weapons/armor, go fishing and make food, collect gems to create epic jewelry – and much more!
If you’re interested in giving this one a go, you’ll find it available on the eShop for $15.99 when it lands next week.
Feel free to share your thoughts on this one in the comments below. Are you tempted?